Welcome to this Wiki on dialect syntax. This is a Wiki website, thus anyone interested can add information. Project holders are invited to upload or update their project information. You can do so by creating an account and logging in.
11 May 2012: an avalanche of spam accounts once again forced us to disable user registration temporarily.
- If you are unable to edit with your existing account, you need to confirm your email address first. You can do this via your preferences page.
Our sincere apologies for this inconvenience!
Dialectsyntax.org is a digital meeting place for researchers in the field of micro-comparative syntax. Its general goal is to stimulate international cooperation in the study of dialect syntax, which is a rapidly growing field. Dialect syntax research focuses on variation in syntactic structures between dialects. By looking at language variation at the microlevel the limits of language variation can be studied, which helps us to understand the fundamental structure of language and language variation.
The initiative for this website is taken by Edisyn (European Dialect Syntax), an ESF-funded project which ran from 2005-2010 with a partial extension till March 2012 and is carried out at the Meertens Institute.
This website contains the following information:
- Links to research groups, institutes and researchers actively involved in the study of dialect syntax;
- Links to online papers on dialect syntax (Dialect Syntax Archive);
- Links to past and future events on dialect syntax;
- The Edisyn search engine.
If you want to be part of this network or if you know a dialect syntax research group that could be added, please register and update this Wiki, or contact us.
Feel free to send us an e-mail with comments and/or (more) information.